Inventory Control and Global Purchasing Manager
A Nova Scotia owned uniform and footwear provider servicing government and private industries across Canada is seeking an Inventory Control and Global Purchasing Manager that is fluent in English and Mandarin to expand their global supply chain.
Reporting to the Vice President, any candidate for this position must have a passion for data, details, numbers, as well as be an exceptionally organized person. To be successful in this Inventory Control and Global Purchasing Manager role, multitasking and strong problem solving skills are essential.
The Inventory Control and Global Purchasing Manager will be responsible for identifying, analyzing and improving all inventory related and purchasing transactions as well as performing a wide variety of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing requirements.
- Communicating with domestic and international vendors.
- Identifying and remedying inventory control challenges, including deep investigation into inventory discrepancies.
- Conducting daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems.
- Developing and implementing inventory control procedures.
- Designing strategies to improve purchasing processes & proposing improvements to the executive team.
- Tracking purchase orders and ensuring timely delivery.
- Follow up with suppliers to confirm or change orders.
- Managing vendor returns.
- Researching potential vendors.
- Reconciling warehouse pick tickets and invoice entries by comparing system reports.
- Sage (Simply Accounting) data entry of Receipts, Purchase Orders and other transactions and system data as required.
- Maintaining and updating supplier files, and documents, including contract details.
- Preparing reports & presenting performance data to the executive team.
- Additional duties as assigned to help support the purchasing and accounting teams.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- 3+ Years work experience in an accounting or purchasing role.
- Excellent computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office Suite and other general computer applications.
- Advanced knowledge and exceptionally skilled in Excel.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Detail oriented
- Initiative, adaptability, and flexibility.
Deadline for Applications is
April 13, 2018
. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Qualified, interested candidates should submit their resume, stating salary expectations in confidence, by email: